The More & Less of Minimalism
What is it about Minimalism that’s so appealing? Why are so many embracing this lifestyle?
Well….for one thing, the simplicity is incredibly appealing at a time when people are going thru some of the toughest challenges they’ve ever faced.
If you could just remove all the noise in your life and take time to breathe…just breathe, you would be AMAZED at the feeling. When was the last time you simply sat on a park bench and took in the scenery? When was the last time you walked somewhere instead of driving?
When was the last time you turned off the TV, shut off the radio and sat quietly?
As I embraced a Minimalist lifestyle, I discovered an incredible inner peace that I’d never felt before! When you take life down to its simplest and most basic needs, you begin to see how very little you need to be happy.
You discover joy in silence, happiness in a good book, a yoga session, a walk with no destination or time limit, a cup of tea, a beautiful piece of music, watching shooting stars on a moonless night, a walk on the beach, and the sound of a waterfall as you feel the mist on your face.
Minimalism gives you:
- More time to spend with family & friends
- More time to cook healthy meals
- More dancing, literally and figuratively
- Move loving and being loved
- More play time
- More desire to pursue your interests or passions
- More time to read…and learn new things
- More time….the one commodity we can NEVER get back
- More laughter
- More peace and tranquility
- More silence in which to contemplate
Minimalism gives you:
- Less stuff
- Less expenses
- Less stress
- Less regrets
- Less time wasted doing stuff you don’t like or want to do
- Less worry
- less regrets….yes I listed it twice because it matters!!
Give Minimalism a try…I honestly think you will be pleasantly surprised. Even if you don’t fully embrace it, reducing just a little stress, noise and useless stuff, will do wonders for your daily outlook.
As you walk around with a permanent smile on your face, you’ll notice that people are staring at you. They are thinking….what does she know that I don’t? You make eye contact, hold it for a few minutes and smile at them. They smile back….but you just know they are trying to figure you out…..I JUST LOVE DOING THAT TO PEOPLE.