Karcher WV50 Plus Window Cleaning Vacuum – Read This Review Before Buying
When I received my Karcher WV50 Plus window cleaning vacuum as a gift from our daughter, I think I must have given her some funny kind of a look. You know the sort of look that questions like, well, what am I supposed to do with this? I suppose that same question has sowed the seed of putting together this Karcher window cleaner review for others.
Table Of Contents
Karcher Window Cleaner Review
Let me explain, you see this present wasn't wrapped up in a fancy box, it was just a yellow thing with some sort of blade on the end of it. She had bought it for herself and used it, but knew how much I hated cleaning my windows, tiles and the like.
She had been so impressed with what this window cleaner did for her and knowing that I was about to embark on another house blitzing, thought it best that I had this cleaning item at my disposal.
Read on below to find out how I got on with the window cleaning vac.
Karcher WV50 Handheld Window Vacuum Cleaner
- The Karcher WV50 Plus is basically a hand held vacuum that draws down the window and soak up all the excess cleaning liquid to leave a bone dry, streak free finish. After a window demo from my daughter, I was well on my way to using this cleaning vac in a breeze.
- The cleaning process begins with using the bottle of spray solution that came with the Karcher WV50 Plus model, then give the windows a quick rub with attached cloth. The kit comes complete with 4 little sachets of the cleaning fluid which you then dilute in the water added to the bottle.
- Next, you start to draw the cleaning vacuum tool down the window glass, this is where the magic happens. Previously when I started this rubbing part of the cleaning process, I still found streaks and finished up polishing the glass with old newspapers. This worked for me with a lot of hard work, to get sparkling grease free windows. I've used this method all of my life till now.
- Time to move on girl and get yourself into the 21st century, newspapers indeed! Anyways, back to the cleaning process. The first few attempts at drawing the vac down the window were a bit of hit and miss and I was not fully satisfied with the end results. Once you fully understand that this tool draws up the liquid from the glass, a few practice strokes and everything works a treat.
- Don't know what I was doing wrong with the first few strokes. Maybe not holding it against the glass properly. Now it's making a fantastic job and when you touch the windows, they are bone dry and really free of streak marks. The Karcher Window Vac takes the hard work out of this laborious chore.
Karcher Rechargeable Window Vac
With the Karcher Rechargeable Window Vac you can work with it for a period of around 20 minutes, which is long enough for anything I have to use it for. Maybe for some folk who have large houses, this time frame may not be long enough but you would probably want a break for coffee or lunch after 20 minutes.
Simply switch on to recharge when you've finished using it and within a few hours it's ready to go again. Uses Lithium-Ion batteries. Even with these batteries included, I have found the little vac very lightweight to use and even adds a bit of extra reach, for getting to the top of windows I would have had to use a step-up to reach before.
There is an option to purchase a smaller head if you required that, for myself the existing head does just fine. I could see perhaps the need for the smaller head, where you have tiny little window panels to be cleaned.
Karcher WV50 Plus Window Cleaning Vacuum in Action
The video below will give some ideas of what the Karcher WV50 Plus can be used for. You can use it in the bathroom/shower for cleaning the shower screen and tiles, cleaning up spills from a flat solid surface, anywhere that steams up like car or caravan windows. Really a versatile home cleaning tool and probably one of its greatest plus points.
Should You Buy a Karcher WV50 Plus?
Possibly this depends on your own personal requirement. If your quite happy cleaning the windows and bathroom/shower walls with a sponge or cloths and whatever you use at present, then why would you put out money on something you wouldn't use. Doesn't make any sense.
On the other hand, if you want to make this chore easier to do, then you might want to consider theKarcher WV50 Plus Vac.
For myself, I thank the day our daughter walked in the door with my Karcher WV50 Plus Window Cleaning Vacuum. For one, I won't have to continue rubbing streaks from my windows with newspapers anymore, which suits this chick who ain't getting any younger. And I don't need to wear rubber gloves which I hate.