Finding The Best GPS Running Watch For Women
If there are GPS watch for men then there is also a GPS running watch for women. These watches are more feminine-like in design and color but they possess the same features as those of men’s. A GPS running watch for women is a big help in her workout, enabling her to track of her performance, heart rate and pace and use these data to enhance her running act.
Table Of Contents
Why go for a GPS watch?
If you are one of those serious runners who want to make good with their chosen endeavor, then a GPS watch is a good companion to take on such runs. Why GPS-enabled watch? Why not opt for a pedometer with a heart rate feature? Most, if not all of the GPS watch nowadays for runners are equip with features that will make your running experience a learning and enjoyable one. It is not only a simple GPS device that tracks down your location or the distance you have run; it also has a monitor for heart rate, speed and even calories. You can use these data to determine what you need to enhance or change to make your running performance better.
Attributes of the best GPS watch for women
Women have different needs than men, and this include even the watch they wear. There are GPS running watch which were specifically manufactured with a woman runner in mind. This means that all the requirements that a woman runner needs is envision in this gadget. Although, there are unisex GPS watches, nothing beats an exclusive GPS running watch for women.
- Sleek, compact yet with feminine design and color. Women’s wrists are daintier and these watches should conform to the much rounded and smaller wrists of women.
- Women’s skin are more sensitive than men’s, hence the watch should be made from materials that will not cause chaffing, blisters or allergy when in contact with the skin.
- It should give accurate information on heart rate, pace, speed, distance, elevation, longitude/latitude and other relevant data for tracking your run.
- Women are more conscious about their weight hence the best GPS watch for women should be one which include a monitor for calories burn during workout.
- It should also possess features that let you enjoy the watch’s features even during a night run. Hence, it should have an illumination not only for the time but for the rest of the featured data monitor as well.
- It should have the capacity to facilitate easy data transfer to computer or to the internet, for later study and reference.
- Although not all GPS watch provide such feature, a smart mp3 player would be a nice addition to GPS watches.
Can technology make a person a better runner?
This question has been asks so many times, can technology or for that matter, can a GPS-enabled watch make you a better runner? Well the answer would depend on the runner himself. However, if he uses the technology as it is meant to be use, to his greatest advantage, well then, it would help her become a better runner. How?
By monitoring how far and how fast a runner is on each run, she will be able to gauge what she needs to improve on. More importantly however, these gadgets will help the runner train consistently and stay injury-free since they will be able to monitor how hard their bodies are working while running. The heart rate monitor will tell the runner if he is over exerting himself or not.