Complete Your Running Accessories With GPS Watches For Runners
Serious runners who wish to enhance their performance need some gauge with which to measure their runs. They can either choose a shoe pod or select from amongst the diverse style of GPS watches for runners to electronically measure their runs. So far, they are the available gadget use by runners although GPS watches for runners are more commonly use than the former. GPS watches for runners actually let your record every mile and heart beat to help enhance your running performance.
Table Of Contents
Features of the best GPS runners’ watch
There are GPS watches and there are optimal GPS watches for runners. What do a GPS watch should possess?
- It should have a target heartbeat zone where you can pre-set it to the desired level. When your heart beat gets to that point or exceeds it, an alarm goes off to warn you. This is very helpful for those people who have a family history of cardiovascular diseases or for those who wish to know the condition of their heart when doing strenuous activities.
- It should possess the capability to measure the distance of your run, the time needed to cover such distance and the real time you actually took to cover such a specified distance.
- It gives you appropriate readings of the elevation and the exact location where you are currently running in relation to your point of origin and destination.
- It should possess navigational compass that allows the runner where he is heading to.
- It should also have the capacity to protect and transmit the data gathered for your runs, to enable you to study further the outcome of your endeavors.
Benefits of an optimal GPS watch
The best GPS watch will enable you to train optimally without even a coach by your side. Such watch has features like pace monitor that enables you to ascertain your pace as you run. This feature will make it possible for you to perform workouts such as warm-ups, intervals, tempo intervals, pace segments and all kinds of runs without a coach.
With a GPS watch, you do not have to map out your route. You can run wherever you want to go since the GPS will show you if your target distance has been achieved. It would be a liberating experience to just run; around your neighbourhood down to the park or along the river bank up to the mountain trail.
Downside to GPS watch
Like everything else, the GPS watches for runners have its downside. Of course, the benefits far outweigh the cons but it is better to get to know them altogether so that you can find ways to counter it.
- With a watch that is GPS-enabled, the life of battery will be relatively shorter. Hence, you need to charge it every couple of days to prevent being caught red-hand with “low battery” warning, when in the middle of a running workout. You might want to carry an extra battery with you all the time to keep you on the safe side.
- The GPS feature depends on direct access to satellites and things can get inaccurate during bad weather. You probably cannot do anything about it since all GPS device works on the same principle. What you can do however is to avoid scheduling your run during bad weather. Time it when the sun is shining and everything is fine. You can be sure by then that you will get accurate data of your workout. GPS watches for runners after all are just there to help you make your workout a learning experience to enhance your running performance.
Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.